Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Keep it Classy Campaign 2012-13

First day of school went well.  With the first of two "traditional day" schedules (all 8 classes, of which I teach 4) and 45 minute periods it went by really fast and all I had time to do was go over the course description and tell my traditional first day of school stories (more on those another time).

Here's a good look at my classroom, just the way I like it.  Clean, organized and empty.  Wait, is that bad? Seriously, I do love my job and my students but those last few moments of appreciation when all is tidy, clean and neat make me so happy.
The Calm Before the Storm

I did get a chuckle out of a classic prank, the good ol' TP'in the school.  Nice work, kids.

Every year I have some sort of new goal, usually art related, (last year it was to give 50% for missed work instead of 0's as while 50% is still an F, it's a lot easier for a kid to work their way up to passing from 50% than it is from 0%.  Of course there are kids I love to give the old  F.U. (Fail, Unsatisfactory) come grade time, but that's not why I got in this business.  This year, my goal is to instill some old fashioned MANNERS into these brats.  Ok, they're not all brats, but I've had enough potty mouths, rude interruptions, talking back, and entitlement issues for me to launch my official K.I.C. Campaign, 2012-12.  Keep It Classy!!  

Students are to greet me when they enter the room (such as, "Good morning, Mrs. M," "You look nice today, Mrs. M."  You get the idea.  They need to use "excuse me," "thank you,' and "please." on a regular basis.  I know they learned this in Kindergarten as I have been reliving these lessons through my children, but somewhere around Jr. High many have lost their manners and I'm gonna bring them back, damnit! Part of my commitment to the youth of America is to turn out productive and respectful members of society, right?  It should be noted that I also told them that I love Flamin' Hot Cheetos (fried, not baked), Taki's and Tootsie Rolls. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to keep her emergency snack drawer stocked and I aint rich!

I came home to find this scroungy beast in my yard. A loitering pooch that my husband found wandering around in our driveway after I left this morning.  Mind you, I already have a 150 pound beast named Rudy messing things up in my back yard so the LAST thing I need is another furball stinkin' and shedding up the joint even more.  This mutt (obviously, ew, NOT neutered) lifted his leg on every surface of my back yard and kept trying to hump Rudy.  Thankfully, with the help of my neighbors we found his owners and he is gone. Whew!

Tomorrow's another traditional schedule, which is like the drive-thru of teaching, but I plan on making a seating chart and starting those batik name tags I mentioned yesterday. I doubt I'll be writing this much this often, so don't get used to it.  (Ha! I should be so lucky!)

Oh, and I just put my soon-to-be 3rd and 1st graders to bed with this book.  

Wax on, Wax OffI know, you're wondering how I manage to be Teacher of the Year AND Mother of the Year.  It's not easy, but I try.  Keep reading my blog and you will learn, sensei.  Wax on, wax off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback, or just to know that you were here. Thanks for reading!